You are welcome to be part of leading the conversation and action for ending extreme poverty by 2030. Please join us Sept 1 & 2 at the ENDING POVERTY ACTION RETREAT II in Merida, Mexico.
At the first Ending Poverty Action Retreat in Manila last year, the group developed an “Ending Poverty Action Declaration” and a five-year plan for the early actions needed to energize the movement to end extreme poverty by 2030.
Recently, the Ending Poverty Action Team has created a draft Vision Statement for the movement to end extreme poverty. We will bring together a group of visionary leaders in microfinance, health, education, media, government, and other sectors to refine and approve the vision statement, the declaration, and the five-year plan. We will also draft the 17-year plan showing major benchmarks for the movement to end poverty. Finally, we will brainstorm and develop innovative, implementable, and measurable cross-sector strategies for working with the financial services sector, as well as with the health, education, general development, media, government, and many other sectors.
|WHAT:||Ending Poverty Action Retreat II|
|WHEN:||September 1-2, 2014|
|WHERE:||Fiesta Americana in Mérida|
|WHO:||About 35 visionary leaders from the microfinance, health, education, media, government, advocacy, and other sectors.|
- Approve and refine the vision statement for the movement to end extreme poverty by 2030.
- Create a detailed five-year action plan to build movements to end extreme poverty dynamic multi-sector, multi-country partnerships.
- Create a 17-year action plan with major benchmarks to ending extreme poverty by 2030.
- Create a list of creative strategies and actions partners will commit to engage in to build the movement to end extreme poverty by 2030.
- Speak passionately in the following Microcredit Summit sessions to encourage public commitments to partnerships to further national movements to end poverty in the context of a global movement to end poverty by 2030.