John Alex, Group Head – Social Initiatives, Equitas Microfinance Ltd.
After graduating in Agriculture & Rural development, he started his career as a Group II Gazetted Officer in Tamil Nadu State Government and served as Extension Officer (Agri) & Block Development Officer in Tamil Nadu from 1979 to 1983
Joined Indian Overseas Bank as a Probationary Officer and served as Agri Field Officer, Branch Manager, Regional Assistant Chief Officer, Senior Manager & Chief Manager in various Branches in Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh from 1983 to 2008
Joined the Management Team of Equitas in 2008 and conceptualized and set up the team for Social Initiatives with a clear focus to address a larger spectrum of requirements of clients in the field of Health, Education, Skill Development, Food Security, and Placement for unemployed Youth etc.
- Presented Case Study in XLRI, Jamshedpur -Innovation for Impact 2013,
- Presented Case Study at the 16th International Micro credit submit at Manila in Sept 2013
- Presented Case study at SPTF Annual meet at Senegal in June 2014
- Presented Case study integrating Microfinance & Health at the Annual National Microcredit Summits 2010, 2011 and 2013 in New Delhi
- Presented Case study on Disability Inclusion in Microfinance in the National Microcredit summit 2014 in New Delhi
- Presented case study at Finca International, Washington DC in Oct 2014
- Visited on an invite MFI’s in Mexico in Oct 2014
- Received the FICCI India award for 2015 for outstanding CSR work among mainstream Industries