This event is organized by ADA Microfinance, Luxembourg
This session will be conducted in English
|Facilitator and presenter:||Matthe Genazzini, Programme Manager, ADA, Luxembourg|
The training is based on a web application simulating a microfinance institution in a market. It consists of creating groups of 2 to 5 persons depending on the size of the group who are responsible for creating and managing a microfinance institution all along during the game. We have six periods or rounds representing three months each. The actual scenario covers up to two years of activities, but this is adapted to duration of the training period. Participants will be asked to weigh in on various matters of markets, products or strategy. Faced with a number of choices , any decision they make will have consequences for the performance of the virtual IMF.
By the end of the day participants will:
- Understand the importance of a development strategy
- Understand the balance between the performance, risk and assets and liabilities management
- Understand and appreciate the performance indicators
- Understand the implications of decisions when managing an MFI
- Understand the major risks that the MFI has to face
For further information in French, click here.
For further information in English, click here.